They are a role model for other students
- all students need challenges They are not seen as a role model by other kids
All children are gifted aren't they?
Acceleration can be socially harmful to gifted students
- its about people finding their place - all children's education is important
If I'm so smart - why can't I keep learning? I don't try anymore.
- Advanced placement classes are for children who want to work hard and explore their own passion.
- Work with mentor with opportunities to explore own research
- Begin by believing in the students abilities
Brain research tells us a lot.
Gifted = potential
Talented = outward expression of gifted
The catalysts enables the gift to develop into a talent. You could have the knowledge but not the ability to do something with it. Being innovative is using your gift as a talent.
We get funding for seeking inabilities but not for seeking abilities!
There are levels of gifted!
What is twice exceptional?
Everyone knows in the school what I can't do but no one knows what I can do!
- A disability can mask a gift
- A gift can mask a disability
Social emotional needs may also go undetected.
Next Steps - I will be looking at my students very differently. Thank you Helen and Nicky for your superb presentation to plant the seed and helping us to grow. Gifted and Talented Slideshow