Technology in Education - The First 200 000 years
All language is generic until its framed by experience.
What does it mean to teach collaboratively?
What are our experiences of this?
What is a one to one program?
Issues that face us in this journey
- buy in
- child safety
- types of devices
- Vision - articulating the why TED Talks - the golden circle of why.
- Student Learning - the way we are delivering the curriculum to change how we think about teaching and learning.
- Team - establish a team within and across schools. Invite resistant ones to set the pace of change.
- Professional Learning - personalising the journey
- Financial Sustainability - what opportunities are there to create a equal opportunity
- Measurement - talk about where you are and where you want to head to with community
- Environment Design - infrastructure, applying SAMR model in how they are being used.
What would come next and why?
Mapping our Journey
Visionary Leadership - shared leadership - individual leadership - community engagement
APPs for us to try;
Te Whaka Raki
Maori Culture and Language
Ways to develop Professional Capital
Community of Practice
- everybody talking about their practice
- sharing tech that works
- shared common language gained
Notes from Papamoa School - Bruce Jepson
Why have a vision - why does a school see, hear, feel a particular way?
See - how student holds themselves
Hear - the vision of your school
Feel - the vision of your school
Students and their potential - believing that our students can do anything if opportunities exist for them.
Create your classroom in Minecraft. - through mathematics develop an online view for new families thinking of coming to your school.
- capturing and measuring the quality of works being created
- these are presented through reporting schedules.
- The more you share the more on board they will be
Use of animations to teach te reo
Change thinking about finances - think laterally
- teaching & learning & thinking budget - to impact teaching and learning, raising student achievement. - coding still applied.
- Run PLD for other schools - charge out
- roll out and roll in 1 year, plan
- business decisions to access the resources