Application goes to a district panel to discuss needs of student. After that goes through regional process. Therefore applications need to be accurate.
Peer Review process is only required if you have not had 2 successful applications go through the process.
- RTLB students are eligible must be receiving 2.5 hours ind A time for 4 hours with TA small group time or SENCO support.
enrolled in a regular school or home schooled
have specific learning need
limited access to the curriculum using standard classroom technology
be supported by one of the following Ministry or school initiatives:
- Ongoing Resourcing Scheme
- Speech-Language Service
- Severe Behaviour Initiative
- Resource Teachers; Learning and Behaviour
-Service for students with moderate sensory impairments and physical disabilities
-School High Health Needs Fund
-Special Education Grant (SEG) - must have
BYOD compulsory schools - ministry will fund over and above the school specifications. ie: mouse, adaptive keyboard etc
Student, Environment, Task SET framework) must be followed to get applications through.
- They don't need a lot information on student.
- What can't they do, and why they cannot access the curriculum.
- 8 lines not screeds
- Do not need to submit the IEP anymore
- Key IEP goals for assistive tech - Consider how are you going to measure it will work for the trial?
- Must consider transitions to next school and included into transition planning.
Recognised Apps - clicker, book creator, handwriting without tears, read and write, anything around written communication. Maths apps are also considered.
Fill in first seven questions of application - share with Lyanne and she will implement a trial ipad then you can complete the application.
Work samples should just be photos inserted into the application forms.
Quoting - DTSL is very fast. Noel Leeming, Cyclone, are govt suppliers.
Must have parent / caregiver information filled in. They must also be on the assessment team.